Re-thinking the skylights:
- First draw:
In this first picture it was tried to relate the music and the skylights. The movement of the trees caused by wind was used to the skylights to generate sounds that integrate nature into the home.
- Second draws:
In these second drawing, the idea of the music disappears and we return to the purest essence of the house: the integration, coexistence between nature and housing. In this case the goal is to introduce the wind inside the house, and continuing with the idea of using tree movement by wind, designing a lattice formed by wood slats that are connected to the skylights through a system of pistons. Thus when the wind moves the tree this will sway the woods as if they were waves. So the relationship between interior, exterior, home and environment will be strengthened.
Moreover, this lattice can be used as a screen partially sagging to separate spaces, or completely off the hook as carpet.
First of all, thanks for your comments, some of you gave me the advice of continue working with the idea of music... After consider this idea I'm thinking on working with this solution:
This project has three constants:
- Object of study. Roof skylights.
- Way.Utilization of the wind which moves the tree.
- Objective. Integrating nature into the home. Introducing the outside inside.
Change, how obtaining the goal.
- First project. Try to introduce music by accordion.
- Second proposal. Introduce inside the movement of the waves and the leaves.
- Finally. Integrating both ideas together inside, the sounds (rain stick)and movements of external nature.